JEFFERSON CO., Pa. – Enjoy the fun of a Selfie Scavenger Hunt in Jefferson County.
Just take a selfie at these 10 locations and enter them in the Summer Selfie Scavenger Hunt Photo Contest at Visitpago.com/contest/.
Jefferson County Selfie Scavenger Hunt
1. Gobbler’s Knob: The Gobbler’s Knob Visitor Center houses many historical and rare Groundhog Club, Groundhog Day, and Punxsutawney Phil items.
2. Phantastic Phils: Whimsical six feet fiberglass Punxsutawney Phils adorn the streets of the Weather Capital of the World, each an individual work of art.
3. Jefferson County Courthouse: Built in Italianate style in 1869 for $86,413 and clock tower has beautiful lighting changes during special events.
4. Brockway Mural: Colorful 2,400 square foot public mural in downtown that tells the story of Brockway’s history and heritage.
5. Scripture Rocks Heritage Park: Hiking trail through 67 engraved boulders carved by Douglas M. Stahlman in the early 1900s, including Chapel Rock, where he lived and penned his journals.
6. Walter Dick Memorial Park: Features a picnic, playground, and swimming areas. The stream is popular with anglers and well known for the Fish-For-Fun fly-fishing for trout section.
7. Reynoldsville Hometown Mural: Featuring various historical and local attractions, painted by local artist Deb Bunnell and Jeff Tech students.
8. PA Great Outdoors Visitors Bureau sign at Jefferson County Airport: Official airport for Pennsylvania’s Great Outdoors region with daily flights to and from Pittsburgh and Baltimore on Southern Airway Express.
9. Kyle Lake: 165 acres reservoir with a handicapped accessible fishing pier. Electric motors and unpowered boats only.
10. Reynlow Park: 600 acres, 4 pavilions, stage, gazebo, primitive camping sites, playground areas, horseshoe pits, hiking trails, and Sportsman’s Dam.
The Pennsylvania Great Outdoors Visitors Bureau is a membership-based travel promotion organization serving five counties in Northwest Pennsylvania: Jefferson, Elk, Clarion, Forest, and Cameron.
The mission of the Pennsylvania Great Outdoors Visitors Bureau is to design and implement marketing strategies/programs with the specific intent of increasing overnight travel-related expenditures and awareness of the region as the perfect outdoor adventure destination.
Find more things to do, see, and experience in Jefferson County and the entire Pennsylvania Great Outdoors region online at VisitPAGO.com.