An Annual Winter Celebration in Cook Forest State Park!
Join us for this great family event held annually at the Cook Forest Ice Skating Pond along the Clarion River on River Road, featuring winter activites such as skating, sledding, carriage rides, hiking and more - including a visit from Smokey the Bear, a chili cook-off, and happy dog contest.
Snowman in the Forest Contest Rules
Build a snowman in any sponsor's location, from the first snowfall of the season to the last snowfall in February. Have the sponsor take a picture of you and your snowman and it will be entered in the contest and displayed on the Cook Forest Vacation Bureau's website and Facebook page.
- 1130am - LUNCH provided Chili Cook-Off (hot & mild divisions)
- 1200pm-115pm - Snowshoe interpretive hike within the old growth forest along Cook Trail, meet at the fire pit by the ice skating pond.
- 1130am-230pm - carriage rides, sledding, snowman building, ice skating (ice skates available)
- 100pm - Happy Dog Contest
- 200pm - Door prize awards